Thursday, November 01, 2007

Ready Or Not!!!

"WOW, EIGHT DAYS TO GO!!!" Said Trader Rick...

Uh, yeah...I should have updated that by now.

Actually, it's FIVE days to go.

I haven't talked about the pregnancy very much here, because frankly when I think about it I get so overwhelmed that I cannot put my thoughts and feelings into words.

First off, let me say that I have never been more proud of anything or anyone in my life than I have been of my wife these past few months.

This has not been easy for her. We had a false start last October, and losing that pregnancy was very hard on her emotionally. When we were sure that this one was going to be successful, she was so happy that she could hardly contain herself...

And at the same time very sad.

Her Mother passed away in May of '04 at age 52, and this would have been her first Grandchild.

She has missed her Mother so very much. There are certain things that a pregnant woman desperately needs to talk to her Mother about, and try as they might, no one else can quite fill that roll.

Another thing that my Wife has done that has absolutely made her my Hero is that she started working in June for Florida Virtual School, teaching Geometry on-line from home, and she still has not missed a day of work. (Even though she is LITERALLY nine months pregnant.)

Now, granted, she does not have to stand in front of a classroom crowded with America's children all day, but the workload is pretty heavy.

She has not complained at all.

And then there is the matter of the Gestational Diabetes. For the past few weeks, she has had to inject herself with Insulin three times a day, and has kept a detailed journal of her blood sugar levels, but she has it under control, and by all accounts, the baby is fine despite the problems she has had.

Last week the Doctor told her that she has gained a total of three pounds over her pre-pregnancy weight, and the baby weighed 7.3 pounds... She's absolutely beautiful. She is carrying the baby all out front. She's round, she's firm, she's fully packed.

Until this coming Tuesday. That's Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, D-DAY.

Because of the Sugar problem, the Doctor decided that we shouldn't wait for the baby to make the decision, especially since he apparently is like his Daddy, and is in no hurry to get the project started, from what we can tell.

So labor will be induced on Tuesday, November 6th, at 8:00 am.

And sometime later that day, my Wife will become Mommy to Mr. Caleb Michael [boatcapn].

And I will be Daddy, for the first time, at the ripe old age of forty-one.

Unless I die of a heart attack Tuesday afternoon.

Please pray for us.

No comments: