Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Vindication...

I do not discuss the issue of Abortion very often on my own Blog. I will occasionally engage on the subject at other sites, but I know that no agreement will ever be reached between those who believe that a woman should be allowed to abort her healthy unborn baby in order to correct her own mistake, and those who believe that to do so is to cut short the life of an innocent human being.

The one other time that I spoke about my view of abortion here was the first and only time I was ever called a Nazi.

I was called a Nazi because of this statement:

"I think that women SHOULD be allowed to terminate pregnancies. If the Democrat Party wants to continue to Abort their Voter Base, that's fine with me."

And how the fur did fly.

I was told that rooting for the elimination of the children of my political adversaries was immoral. I was told that Democrats were not the only people who have Abortions. (We all know that Pro-Life Right Wing Republicans have Abortions all the time...)

I was told that the type of hatred that I displayed was more in line with Nazi Germany than in Modern Free America, where women can freely choose to kill their own babies, and we are supposed to do nothing to stop them, but we all must pretend to be appropriately sorrowful for them, because they have been forced to make such an unfortunate choice.

But facts are facts.

I am a Conservative because my parents instilled Conservative Values in me from a very young age.

I assume that Liberal Parents would try to encourage Liberal Ideals in their children as well.

But lately Liberals seem to have more and more trouble winning National Elections, and as far as I know, it has occured to no one else but me that there may be a connection between this trend and the insistence of Liberal Democrats to protect the right of their women to abort their children.

Then tonight, I found this at the Drudge Report.

The Fertility Gap
Liberal politics will prove fruitless as long as liberals refuse to multiply.
BY ARTHUR C. BROOKS Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:01 a.m. EDT

The midterm election looms, and once again efforts begin afresh to increase voter participation. It has become standard wisdom in American politics that voter turnout is synonymous with good citizenship, justifying just about any scheme to get people to the polls...

On the political left, raising the youth vote is one of the most common goals.

The trouble is, while most "get out the vote" campaigns targeting young people are proxies for the Democratic Party, these efforts haven't apparently done much to win elections for the Democrats. The explanation we often hear from the left is that the new young Democrats are more than counterbalanced by voters scared up by the Republicans on "cultural issues" like abortion, gun rights and gay marriage...

But the data on young Americans tell a different story. Simply put, liberals have a big baby problem: They're not having enough of them, they haven't for a long time, and their pool of potential new voters is suffering as a result.

The article does not make the connection, but I do.

Can you imagine how different things would have been, had Thirty Million voting-age people, all raised by Pro-Choice Left Leaning parents (or mothers, as the case may be) shown up to vote in the 2000 Presidential Election?

Is this not further evidence of how Liberalism is ultimately it's own punishment?

No comments: