Sunday, August 05, 2007

Wipe Out!

My Wife and I were watching this on TV when it happened.


This has to be one of the most amazing things I have ever see. When he loses the board, you want to run out there and try to catch him.

You can watch him working the problem in his head on the way down... Can't reach the top of the ramp... Going to fall... Okay... Get the feet down... Tuck the arms in... Try to minimize the damage... IMPACT!... Glad my socks were clean...

I wonder if I would be able to keep my head like that...

He walked away, though, with bruising to his lungs and liver and a broken wrist, but otherwise unhurt, and it occurs to me that he will be more famous for the fall than he would have been if he had perfectly done whatever he was planning to do.

I love the X-Games...

No comments: