Monday, January 24, 2011

Here We Go Again?

Nobody told me that children will not allow you to think anymore.

I have no doubt that but for children, Cancer would have been cured by now, we would have time Travel, Cold Fusion, and cars that run entirely on stupidity, but the people who would have thought of these wonders had children, and were prevented from thinking them up. 

I mean, I guess I knew it, but I hadn't really thought about it until I actually had some children, and tried to write a Blog with them in the house. (They are asleep right now.)

They are beautiful, and wonderful, and delightful, and I love nothing more than playing with them and watching them grow and learn... But they absolutely won't let me string two thoughts together into a coherent idea, much less type that idea into a readable Blog post.

But an unusual thing has occurred.

In an attempt to avoid losing contact with friends from work, and from Florida, and from North Carolina who, for one reason or another, have drifted in and out of my life over the past few years, yesterday I set up a Facebook page.

And almost immediately, several of my old Blogger Buddies came out of the woodwork, and I realized that I have missed Blogging, and the interaction that I enjoyed with friends and sparring partners within this forum.

So, here we go again.

I have no idea how frequently I will be allowed to compose and publish new posts, or how closely I will be able to monitor the comment threads, but I am at least going to try.

We'll see how it goes for a while.

For now, here are some pictures of the children. 







(So you can see what I've been doing with my time for the past year.)

2 comments:

Mark said...

Welcome back...and Oh my Gosh! You have a redhead! I pity you.

I'll put you back on my blogroll.

tugboatcapn said...

Two of them, actually. And don't pity me... they're great!

And thanks. I was afraid everyone had removed me...