Thursday, September 29, 2005

Oh Joy!!

I am so happy I could almost cry!!

Today, Republican Majority Leader Tom Delay was indicted on charges of suspicion of intent to commit consiracy to violate the McCain-Finegold attack on the free expression of free political speech, and association with conservatives, and (perhaps the most serious of the charges against him,) being an effective conservative leader.

I personally am all for investigating him, and if he is found guilty, I want him punished every bit as severly as congressman Bill Janklow was.

But here is something else that I hope that this leads to.

I want every single congressman and senator investigated just as intensly as Tom Delay has been investigated. If there is corruption in our Government, I want it uncovered, and dealt with.

And I am hoping against hope, that if Tom Delay is found guilty, he will appeal it all the way to the Supreme court, (with all of our new, Bush appointed, Conservative Justices...) and the stupid McCain-Finegold act can be struck down, and the stupid Texas District Attourney, Ronnie Earl can be disbarred, and removed from office.

This is gonna be GREAT!!

6 comments:

rich bachelor said...

Well, I was telling a few friends today: If they really start digging into this, they'll quickly discover that as many Democrats as Those Other Bastards are involved, and;
It won't change a damn thing. There will be big banner headlines for about a week, then DeLay will go back to doing what he always does.
The gerrymandering really was illegal though. Turn about is fair play I realize, especially since Texas politics in particular has a long history of this sort of thing being done by Dems.
Still, we're supposed to be less corrupt than all that, these days, right? If your ideology really is superior, then you win without cheating, right?

Toad734 said...

Is that because Ronnie has actually prosecuted more Democrats than Republicans? Delay got in trouble for going to the UK and playing golf on a lobbyists tab and was admonished by congress 3 times last year.

He is a crooked, greedy politician just like the rest of them. Just because he talks about Jesus doesn't mean he walks with him.

Anonymous said...

Joke of the Day

Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing. He concludes by saying:

"Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."

"OH, NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"

His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the President sits, head in hands, crying quietly.

Finally, the President looks up and asks, "Just how many is a brazillion?"

tugboatcapn said...

I like that, Anonymous!
That was REALLY funny!

Bachelor, Mr. Delay has not been convicted of any wrongdoing yet...

I am not worried about that.

Toad, if you really want to start delving into the abuse of lobbyist money, we will find that Nancy Pelosi is just as dirty as Tom Delay on that, as well as a lot of other key Democrats.

Democrat OR Republican, if any of our elected officials are indeed dirty, I want them punished. I REALLY do.

That is not what is going on in this particular instance.

If the House did not have the rule about people who are under indictment not being able to serve in leadership positions, this indictment would have never been handed down.

And as for all of those Democrats that Earl has prosecuted...They were Conservative Democrats, All.
Look it up.
He has never indicted anyone with whom he agreed politically.

No less than FIVE previous grand juries refused to indict Delay, but number six finally agreed to.

I had no idea that he claimed to be a Christian until you told me, Toad.
Thanks!
There is one more reason for me to support him.

Mark said...

I really suspect that this one will, like the 5 other indictments before, be tossed out of court.

A guy I work with asked me today what I thoght of Delay getting indicted and without even thinking, I said,"I think even if he did the things they say he did, it isn't any different than what all the other politicians do all the time."

I think that is probably truer than all the things I discovered doing research on this.

tugboatcapn said...

Mark, they never were interested in getting a conviction in the first place!

All they wanted was an indictment.
For the purposes of the left, it will be better if it IS thrown out because then they can scream "See! See!! Those dirty Republicans always get away with EVERYTHING!"

This is an all out effort to make ALL Republicans look shady and dishonest for political advantage, not to uncover actual corruption.

They couldn't care less about that...