Friday, January 12, 2007

Work Sucks, But So Does Retirement...

Still no work for me and my new (to me) truck.

This is starting to suck a little.

Today, I went out looking for a different Company to Lease to, but the three I talked to told me that they barely had enough work for the trucks that they already have.

Come back and see them on Tuesday.

When I decided to do this, I planned for a couple or three weeks of down-time, and I made sure that I had some operating Capital to cover the gap.

But I didn't count six or seven weeks without work.

I've about watched all the Harry Potter movies, History Channel, and Star Trek that I can stand.

I'm ready to go back to work.

I guess we'll see on Tuesday.

One bright spot is that my personal living expenses have dropped to nothing. I can't remember the last time I bought gasoline for my beloved Nissan Sentra, and I am only eating about $2.00 worth of food per day...

My Wife gave me a Twenty Dollar Bill on Monday of last week, and this morning I gave it back to her so that she could get gas for her new car.

I used to spend twenty Dollars per DAY when I was working.

I guess it isn't a catastrophe yet... I am expecting a check from my retirement account any day now, which should buy us another month or so, after which I should be working again and none of this should be a problem.

But I don't mind telling you that tonight, I am a little worried.

I believe without a doubt that God has worked to make it possible for me to own my own truck, and run my own business, because I could not have gotten the loan without his intervention.

But now, after over ten years debt free, I am over Sixty Thousand Dollars in the hole, and there is no work for the truck.

But I trust in God.

And because of that fact, I believe that He has good things in store for me, or else He would not have made it possible for me to undertake this... uhm... undertaking.

So, pray for me.

I guess it could be worse...

My brother's Appendix burst yesterday, so he went to the Hospital thinking he had a Virus, and by the time the sun went down, he had had surgery. He's okay now, (according to my Sister and my Mom,) but I can't even go and pick on him about it, because I don't have the money to go to N.C. right now.

I don't even have Health Insurance Coverage. (Scary!)

I have no doubt that soon I will go back to work, and I will soon be sick to death of working, and I will have to hire someone to help me spend all of the money I will be making.

But it ain't happening yet.

Not that I mean to cry on your shoulder...

None of this is YOUR problem, but this is what is on my mind tonight.

I really believe that it will all be okay, but pray for me anyway.

Or, if you need to hire a Tractor-trailer dump truck, let me know and I will E-mail you my contact information.

God works in mysterious and awesome ways!

-TBC

No comments: