Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Get Off My Back And Get Back To Work!

From MessNBC.com...

Office bullying a widespread problem

The office bully has an array of weapons at his disposal, ranging from the subtle silent treatment to not-so-subtle verbal ridicule, the effects of which can ripple through the workplace.

A new study finds that while nearly 30 percent of U.S. workers have endured a punishing boss or co-worker, many individuals would not label themselves as bully targets. For those who do, it’s not just the bully victim who feels the heat. Witnesses in nearby cubicles are affected and show an increase in stress and overall dissatisfaction with their jobs.

As some of you know, I recently changed jobs, and I can say that without question, I have never worked for a harder task-master than the one to whom I currently answer.

He makes me get out of bed earlier, work harder, longer, and under worse working conditions than anyone else I have ever worked for.

And I think he is sleeping with my Wife... (When he sleeps, which is rare...)

You see, he's ME.

And I'm a real pain in the butt to work for.

As a matter of fact, as soon as I read this, I will probably fire myself for insubordination...

From now on, I will have to do my Blogging on my OWN time.

Who do I think I am, anyway?!?

I mean, isn't there something I could be doing to the Truck right now?

Do I think that money grows on trees?

If I don't make money, then I don't make money.

Now, I need to stop complaining and get back to work, or I will BOTH be out of a job.

I hope this little talk has helped me to have a better attitude, and from now on, maybe I will be more of a team player.

Now, if I am done, I have work to do.

No comments: