Monday, April 23, 2007

Life Changes...

Today we went to the Doctor.

I have never liked going to the Doctor, but Today I didn't mind it so much.

I have always believed that Doctors don't really do anything. Medical Science has not actually cured a disease in about 50 years. The last signifigant Medical breakthrough was the discovery of Aspirin.

Since then, Doctors have made a Science of stabilizing Diseases, treating Diseases, managing Diseases, but not actually eliminating or curing diseases, so that they can continue to bill your Insurance Company for whatever ails you until you die from something else.

But Today, I saw a little baby Tugboatcapn put his/her thumb in his/her mouth on an Ultrasound screen.

And I was moved.

I saw that, and I realized that this was the first thing I would see this person do, but not by a long shot the last.

I also realized that I was going to have to be the one to teach this person how, why, and when to do everything that they ever do.

I do not know why God has chosen to entrust such a responsibility to me, of all people, but I plan to take it very seriously.

I did not think that I would ever have any children. I didn't think I wanted any. I thought that if I lived my whole life, and never had a child, that it would be okay.

But Today, I saw my child.

And now, I can't think about anything else.

When I get out of bed in a few hours and go to work, it will be because I want to provide a better life for that child and my Wife. When I recieve the pay for that work, I will use the resources that I have earned not for my own personal gratification, but for preparation for the arrival of that baby.

When I pray, it will not be for my own interests, but for the wisdom and guidance of God to help me to equip that child for his or her role in God's Plan, and for his or her security and happiness.

Both mother and child are doing great, and the baby should be here on or about November 5th.

And I cannot wait to meet my first child...

My Gift from God...

My replacement...

My most important responsibility...

No comments: