Monday, October 31, 2005

I Can't take It Anymore...

I think I will take a couple of days off from my normal cycle of blogging.

It has been a rough couple of days for me.

On Saturday, I wrote a post in which I advocated giving away free food in order to combat the problem of Hunger in America, giving free Housing and Job Skill training and Education to all of America's Homeless, Revamping the tax code in order to spur the Economy and Create Jobs, and Closing the Borders in order to stop the artificial depression of Wages and Working Conditions.

I was called a Fascist, Told that I was filled with Hatred, and mercilessly attacked, because I dared to state the belief that America's achievers should be allowed to keep the money that they make, and that perhaps people should be responsible for their own well being.

Sunday, I voiced my opinion (on another blog) that the Second Ammendment was a good thing, and that the Gun Laws we already have on the books should be enforced, rather than enacting even more laws, designed to take guns for personal protection out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

I was then told that I was advocating the Murder of Police Officers.

Tonight, I logged onto a Friend's blog, and read a "Poor Pitiful Me" style post lamenting the fact that Wal - Mart was making money, but the author of the post could not, when he was working there. This was a mystery to him, even though, by his own admission, he wouldn't stick with the job for any length of time, and was constantly quiting, and starting back again at entry level wages.

On his comments page, I read comments lamenting the fact that Even though Wal-Mart provided Health Insurance, (they don't HAVE to, you know) that it was sub-standard, and that unskilled, hourly workers got low pay.

(I got news for you...If the kid next to you is still in high school, and makes the same money as you, you really need to re-evaluate your situation.)

Then I read a comment touting the benifits of inflation.

And then another slamming ALL big business, Mourning the death of the "Mom and Pop" mainstreet, (who didn't pay their workers anything, either...) and suggesting that we all go and burn our local Wal-Mart store down.

I left an unnessecarily harsh comment there, and for that I apologize.

I know that this post seems quite harsh as well, and again, I apologize. I am not trying to offend anyone, but rather to wake everyone up.

This kind of thinking is what will eventually ruin our Economy, on a National Scale.

Welcome to the People's Republic of the United States.

When people are tired of the Free Market Economy that built America into the strongest Nation in the History of the World in only 200 short years, then they are tired of Freedom.

With Freedom comes Responsibility for YOUR OWN ASS. It's a harsh fact, but it IS a fact.

Nobody should have to hold your hand. Nobody should have to feed you. Nobody else should have to bear the burden for YOUR mistakes.

If you are forty years old, and all you are qualified to do is take stuff out of a box, and put it on a shelf, or push a dust mop around your local Wal-Mart, then you should be glad that Wal-Mart was willing to hire you, and you should be grateful for whatever they provide, in connection with this type of job.

It isn't the fault of the American Taxpayer, it isn't the fault of Wal-Mart, nor President Bush, nor the Big Oil Companies, nor Bill Gates, nor Paris Hilton, nor Brittany Spears, nor the Olsen Twins.

It's Yours.

Figure out how to fix it.

What bugs me about all of this is that I know that ALL of these people are smarter than this.

It drives me crazy, and being driven crazy is not why I started a blog.

So have fun slamming the creator of so many jobs, and the supplier of so many things to so many people, at low, affordable prices.

Figure out how to help the poor on your own. (But keep your measley hands off my wallet while you do it.)

I'll see you all in a couple of days.

I'm going to go look for someone to talk to who actually is willing to think.

No comments: