Friday, July 28, 2006

Hind Ends And Elbows...

Boy, am I tired.

The Company that I work for has recently expanded the territory that we cover, and the driver who normally runs the new route is on vacation this week. I have been picking up the slack.

His truck has a Piggy-Back Forklift which we have to have to deliver to a lot of the new stops, and I can't carry it on my trailer. My normal trailer is an open flatbed, and his is a curtain-side, so I am having to drive his truck, while my truck is being driven by another guy.

Since Monday morning at 06:30, I have worked 64 1/2 hours in unfamiliar territory in the wrong truck, and with a forklift to babysit.

It's almost Midnight, Thursday night.

Add to all of this the fact that I live an hour and ten minutes from the warehouse that I work out of, and I have been home every night (for a couple of hours, anyway.)

I have wanted to post every night about one current event or another, but for some reason going to bed just seemed more important for the past few nights.

I will rejoin the fray this weekend.

Please bear with me.

I really appreciate all of my friends who check by here, (all except that one guy,) and I do not want you to give up on me.

I've just got my hands full right now.

See you Saturday...

No comments: