Monday, September 04, 2006

It Was Bound To Happen Sooner Or Later...

Today is a sad day.

From NEWS.com.au...

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead...

He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said today.
It is understood he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest and reportedly into his heart .


He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary when the tragedy occured.


I still vividly remember the first time I ever watched this guy on Television.

He was going around Australia, picking up and showing the camera the 10 most deadly snakes in the World.

I sat for an hour with my mouth hanging open.

The MOST amazing thing he ever did, as far as I'm concerned, is find a woman who was just as crazy as he was, and talk her into marrying him. There's someone for everyone, I guess.

My brother-in-law said that his Tomb Stone would say "Here Lies The Luckiest S.O.B. In The Whole World."

Maybe not...

He will be missed.

He lasted a whole lot longer than I ever thought he would...

No comments: