Thursday, September 14, 2006

Well, DUH!

From the Daily Mail...

Men are more intelligent than women, claims new study...

It is research that is guaranteed to delight men - and infuriate the women in their lives. A controversial new study has claimed that men really are more intelligent than women.

The study - carried out by a man - concluded that men's IQs are almost four points higher than women's.


A focus on a factors such as the ability to quickly grasp a complex concept, verbal reasoning skills and creativity - some of they key ingredients of intelligence - revealed the male teenagers had IQs that were an average of 3.63 points higher. The average person has an IQ of around 100.

The average person has an IQ of around 100 points?

That explains a whole lot of the World's problems right there!

This study is not a surprize to me at all. I have always known that men are smarter than women.

No question about it.

Perhaps this study is misleading, though...

It is clear that men and women process information in completely different ways.

Ask most men if their car gets good gas mileage, and they will tell you how many miles they drove, and how many gallons of gasoline it took to re-fill the gas tank.

Miles, divided by gallons, equals gas mileage.

Ask most women the same question, and they will tell you when they last filled the tank, recount in detail everywhere they have been since then, and how much gas is still in the tank.

"I filled it up on Wednesday, and I went to Mama's, and to Wal*Mart, and J.C. Penney's, and to Sonic and got a Cheese Coney and some Tots, and then I went to work Thursday and Friday, and then to Marsha's house to see the new baby, and then back to Mama's on Saturday morning, and back home...and I've still got a quarter of a tank left!"

Try it.

But then again, that really is not a measure of intelligence, but rather a demonstration of the difference in priorities for men and women.

Why anyone would be stupid enough to pick this particular fight is beyond me.

What, exactly, did the researchers hope to gain by studying this particular subject?

The right to stick their thumbs in their ears, stick out their tongues at the girls, and sneer, "Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyaaah Nyah!...Boys are smaaaarter than Girls!!", maybe?

They shouldn't have wasted their time.

My Wife and I both took the same online IQ test shortly after we got married, and we both had exactly the same score. (I will spare you the number, because I do not want any of my readers to develope a complex of any kind...)

But I'm still smarter than she is.

Because I married HER, and SHE married ME.

No doubt about it.

I'M the smart one here.

No comments: