Tuesday, September 12, 2006

United 93

On Sunday, I watched "United 93".

I could not watch it sitting down.

I paced the living room, flexed my muscles, and wiped my eyes. I could not be still.

The thought that kept running through my mind was, had the hi-jackers been unlucky enough to try hi-jacking a plane-load of Truck Drivers raised in North Carolina, they would have had a much more difficult time pulling the whole thing off.

I cannot believe that I would sit quietly while four early-twenties Arab men hijacked a plane that I was on with $2 box-cutters from Wal*Mart and a fake bomb. Especially if I were on a plane load of grown American men.

And if I did, then they may as well go ahead and kill me, because I would never be able to live with myself after I had let someone overpower me like that.

But then again, you can never know what you will do until you are faced with the situation, and I have never faced a situation like that one.

I do know this much...

I am who and what I am, and had I been on that flight, knowing that people on that day were hi-jacking planes and flying them into buildings in order to kill thousands of people at once, and to destroy the American way of life, I would like to think that I would not sit quietly and let them do it.

If I knew that they were going to kill us all anyway, I would have been a ring leader in making them kill us one at a time.

Starting with me, if necessary.

If you haven't seen this movie, watch it.

As soon as possible.

No comments: