Thursday, October 19, 2006

Happy Anniversary!!

Today is my Wife's and My 100th Wedding Anniversary.

(Actually, it's only our third, but it seems like a hundred.)

In three short years, we have clung to each other through a horrible and almost career ending truck wreck, her Mother's heart attack and the eventual passing of her Mother, a 600 mile relocation from North Carolina to Florida, a very painful back injury for me, four Hurricanes, poverty, sickness, a miscarriage, and more poverty.

We have also enjoyed each other's company on various trips to Universal Studios, Disney World, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

We have discussed the nature of God, the State of the Union, the price of Gasoline, the value of a Dollar, the nature of love, the Biblical Roles of men and women, the cuteness of the dog, the weather, humidity, the time of day, plans for the future, baby names, the housing market, our nutty friends and family, computer viruses, television shows, medical problems, the height of the grass in the yard.

We have worked on cars together, washed and dried the dishes, done laundry, repaired the house, ate, slept, and bathed together.

She is everything in this world that is important to me, and I cannot imagine my life without her.

I've got her fooled into thinking that I am wonderful, and that she needs me, and could never do better than me. (Don't ask me how.)

The truth is that I do not deserve her, and I am nothing without her.

She could have done a WHOLE lot better than me, but don't tell her that.

I neded to keep her fooled for at least a hundred more years.

Happy Anniversary, Baby!

I love you VERY much!

No comments: