Sunday, January 01, 2006

Tug's New Years Resolutions

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

New Year's Day is the time when traditionally we take stock of our lives, and resolve to change the things that we don't like, and do the things that we already knew we should have been doing all along.

So for my first post of the New Year, I have decided to share with everyone my own New Year's Resolutions.

1. Tithe my income.

You never go wrong giving money to God. I used to tithe a lot more regularly when I went to church more regularly, but I have gotten out of the habit of doing both. I feel that I am closer to God right now than I have ever been in my life, but then I believe that if you were raised in church, you have to step back away from Religion to really know God, and I am currently in the tail end of that process, which brings us to number...

2. Find a church that I like, and start attending regularly.

God does not reside within the walls of a church. You can find Him anywhere. He will come to you. But you cannot give back to God everything that you need to give to Him (He does not need you. He is God. But we need to give to God, and to work for Him, for our own emotional and spiritual well being) if you are not active in a good, growing church.

I have not been gloriously happy and content living in Florida, and I blame this situation, in part, on the fact that I have not attended church since I have lived here. Churches are a good place to build a network of like minded, compatible individuals who are united for their own mutual good. Friends, if you want to call them that. I don't have any here. I want some.

I have friends in the blogosphere, and I appreciate each and every one of them, but they can't keep the dog for us when we need to be out of town for a couple of days.

3.) Have sex with my wife every night. (tee hee)

(Xena added this one while I was out of the room. Not a bad resolution, though, so I am going to leave it. Yee-hah!!)

That brings us to number...

4. Spend less time blogging, and more time paying attention to my wife and doggy.

I seriously thought about giving up Blogging completely, but I decided against that. There are a lot of you out there who are seriously misguided, and I must do my part to straighten you out, for your own good. (Just kidding.) I feel that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and to mine as well. Any time any of you want the correct and logical take on the events of the day, just come here, and I will provide it for you, to the best of my ability.

But I will no longer neglect my wife in order to do it.

5. Get more sleep.

I am 39 years old. For the last couple of years, I have been living on about 3 or 4 hours of sleep per night, and it is killing me. There is no reason for me to do this to myself anymore, so I am going to quit it.

6. Buy another house.

My wife and I live in a 30 year old (31 ?) double wide mobile home. It is a pretty nice place, considering what we have to work with, but I owe her more than this. She is a good wife, and she should not have to apologize to anyone for the house that I have provided for her. I can and will do better, this year.

7. Move back to North Carolina.

I do not belong in Florida. I have tried to make the best of it, but this trip to N.C. over the past few days reminded me in no uncertain terms that I belong there, not here. Fortunately, I am portable, and so is the wife and doggy. We can relocate, and I am planning to be back where God intended me to be by this time next year, in a house that the wife can be proud of. Maybe even one that she can look down her nose at the less fortunate about.

8. Play my guitars.

They have been sadly neglected lately. I used to be a pretty good musician, and I have made a pretty fair amount of money playing music over the course of my life, but right now I am as rusty as a railroad spike. There is no excuse for this.

I will remedy this situation this year.

9. Bathe every day.

(It's a joke, Son. Humor! Arr Arr Arr! Nanoo Nanoo...)

10. Start a business and become filthy rich.

It ain't ever going to happen as long as I am working for someone else. Other people do it, and I have the same amount of fingers and toes as they do. If anyone else can, then I can.

Ever since my wreck, I have thought about what it would be like to make a living without an Eighteen Wheeler up under me, and now I believe that I may have stumbled on to a plan that might work. More on this later. If it works, I will share the details here, and we can all get rich.

Pray for me, and keep your fingers crossed.

11. Call my Mama.

She loves me, and I love her. I don't call her nearly enough. I will do better this year.

12. Write my Congressman and my Senator more often, and not just bitch about stuff on my blog.

This is how we make a difference in our Country. If my representatives do things that I do not like, then I will tell them so. If they do things that I like, I will tell them that as well. If they are about to do something that I do not like, I will ask them not to.

I will make my voice heard, at the highest levels of our government.

If you do not agree with me, then I suggest that you do the same.

These are a few of my goals for the New Year. I have others, but they shall remain private.

What are your Resolutions for the New Year?

No comments: