Monday, April 17, 2006

What The World Needs Now Is Another Folk Singer...

Like I need a hole in my head.

BREAKING NEWS!!

Are you sitting down?

Can you handle this shocking developement?

Neil Young has written a PROTEST ALBUM!!

From Netscape News...


Neil Young urges Bush impeachment on protest album
By Steve Gorman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Veteran rocker Neil Young has recorded a protest album featuring an anti-Iraq war track with "a holy vow to never kill again" and a song titled "Let's Impeach the President," the singer said on Monday.

The 10-track set, called "Living with War," was recorded this month by a "power trio" -- electric guitar, bass and drums -- plus trumpet and a 100 voices, the 60-year-old Canadian-born musician announced on his Web site.


I thought Neil Young was dead. (He looks dead, anyway...)

I have never liked Neil Young. At all. Ever. I don't understand how he ever got famous.

When he plays Acoustic Guitar, he is pretty good, I guess, although I personally know about thirty guys who are better. When he plays with Distortion, he is terrible. They should take Guitars AWAY from people who play like he does when he tries to "rock".

But I could even forgive him for that. (I personally know about thirty guys who are worse.) (But not much.)

My problem with Neil Young is that he won't shut up.

When he sings, dogs howl. Buzzards fall from the sky. Milk curdles in refrigerators within a fifty mile radius.

Yoko Ono gets Jealous.

I couldn't care less what his politics are. (Although I personally don't agree with them.) He is entitled to his own opinion.

Just do us all a favor and paint it on a sign.

No, I take that back. I DO care what his politics are, and I don't believe that I should have to pay to hear about them. If you want to make albums to promote your political agenda, give them away.

Mr. Young, if you want my $11.50, sing about love. Sing about drugs. Sing about dogs, or being sick, or working hard, or about searching for a Heart Of Gold, and Gettin' Old.

No, even THAT wouldn't get it for me, not now. I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear it from RELEVANT artists, I don't want to hear it from GOOD artists, and I CERTAINLY don't want to hear it from an impressionist who only does impressions of cats having sex.

To quote a good band from about the same time period in which people cared what Neil Young thought...

I hope Neil Young will remember, a Southern Man don't need him around anyhow.

No comments: