Wednesday, May 24, 2006

May 24th, 2005

Today is my one year Anniversary on the Blogosphere.

I have learned a lot, made a few friends, and ticked a few people off.

I have wasted an enormous amount of time, stayed up too late, and ignored my Wife on occaision because of my Blog.

I have had a little over 10,000 hits since I set up my hit counter, but I had been Blogging for several months by that time, and I only count original hits, so I really have no idea how many times my site has been viewed, or by whom. I normally get between 50 and 60 hits per day, so I guess I'm pretty happy with that.

I still sometimes misspell words or make mistakes with my typing, and I always will. As long as my readers understand what I am trying to say, there is no need to sweat the small stuff. This is a hobby. Nobody pays me to write anything, and it doesn't cost anyone anything to read it. I never promised perfection.

I am truly amazed that anyone is interested in my rantings, but I'm glad that you are. I started Blogging because I needed an outlet for all of the things that rattle around in my head all the time, and so far the Blog has served that purpose quite well. The fact that I also get to interact with other opinionated people is a bonus (in most cases.)

So tonight, I want to thank all of you, my readers. Whoever you are.

Whether we agree or not, at least we are talking, and that's a start.

It's been a fun year.

No comments: